Scott Carson, We Close Notes
Scott Carson is the Founder and CEO of We Close Notes. He’s a distressed note buyer, real estate investor, entrepreneur, educator and podcast host.
If you’ve heard of investing in non-performing notes and would like to gain an insider’s perspective, this is your opportunity to learn.
As you expand into any asset class, the first step is education. Building the knowledge, so you gain control and can invest according to your unique ability is critical to minimizing risk and increasing your returns.
Where Note Investing Fits into the Cash Flow System
As important as selecting the right investments are to building time and money freedom, investing is just one step in the bigger journey.
Our 3-step Business Owner’s Cash Flow System first helps you keep more of the money you make. We do this through tax planning, debt restructuring, cash flow awareness, and alternative savings strategies. You’ll free up and increase your cash flow, so you have more to invest.
Then, we help you protect your money with insurance, legal protection, and privatized banking.
Finally, you’ll put your money to work and get it to make more. You’ll invest in cash-flowing assets like your business and real estate to build financial freedom and leave a rich legacy.
Who Is Scott Carson?
Scott Carson is the owner and managing member of We Close Notes, an Austin-based, defaulted note buying company. He specializes in finding non-performing notes on residential and commercial properties and purchasing these notes for his portfolio.
He also teaches Note Buying for Dummies, a 3-day workshop for investors on buying defaulted notes and has been a featured speaker and educator at dozens of investment clubs and real estate workshops across the country.
Scott Carson has been in the mortgage, finance, and banking industry since 2001, and an active real estate investor since 2002. He has been actively buying notes on residential and commercial properties since 2005.
Scott was previously the Sr. Real Estate Coach for RealEstateProfitCoach.com and a Mortgage Banker and VP with JPMorgan Chase.
Scott Carson Conversation Highlights
- Why Scott Carson finds a way to make experiences and memories happen.
- How Scott Carson’s entrepreneurial journey started while working in his dad’s hardware store.
- Scott’s start in real estate began with investing mistakes, mortgage, options, wholesaling, flipping, and then buying distressed debt.
- The note investing value proposition for banks, the investor, and the homeowner to gain a win-win-win.
- Investor returns example showing borrower negotiations, and how it can create a 14%+ yield during the hold period, and the appreciation when you sell the newly-performing mortgage to a fund or other investor.
- Foreclosure options for homeowners that don’t pay to provide an exit strategy for the note investor, including cash for keys, short sale, or have someone else take over the mortgage.
- The return on investment (ROI) and return on time (ROT) in note investing.
- How We Close Notes locates hot markets for non-performing notes.
- How to minimize five top risks in note investing: only buy non-performing 1stposition liens, buy at 50% as-is value or less, ensure taxes are paid, check for a clear title, be flexible and don’t force foreclosure, and build a great team.
- What to say and how to work with banks to buy their non-performing notes.
- The role of the borrower filing bankruptcy, and how it creates an additional opportunity for a note investor.
- How you can buy notes with none of your own money by raising private money for your deals.
- The first step to note investing is education. Learn from someone experienced who can give you counsel, not just advice.
- The value of learning marketing, so you can have a one-to-many conversation that leads to one-to-one conversations.
Connect with Scott Carson and We Close Notes
Get more note investing education, connect with the note mastermind, or learn about deals at We Close Notes. You can find out more about their home study courses and events, including their annual online convention.
Create Your Time and Money Freedom
Do you have an established business and feel like you’re paying too much in taxes, not keeping enough of the money you make, or are looking for alternative savings or investment strategies? Book a Strategy Call to get clear on the one next thing you should be doing right now to accelerate financial freedom.
Success leaves clues. Model the successful few, not the crowd, and build a life and business you love.
We often get the question, should I use a Self-Directed IRA for real estate investing? When you’re looking for the capital to get started in real estate, one of the most common sources is money inside of 401k’s and IRAs. However, using tax-deferred retirement plans to invest in real estate is a really bad idea.…Read More
Marco Santarelli is a real estate investor, author, and founder of Norada Real Estate Investments, a nationwide provider of turnkey cash-flow investment property. Turnkey real estate may be an excellent opportunity for you to create cash flow from assets. With turnkey, you purchase property that’s already cash-flowing, reducing your barrier to entry into real estate…Read More
See How One Business Owner
Increased Their Cashflow by $97,000/year
(And How You Can Fix Your Hidden "Money Leaks" Too...
Without Working Harder or Sacrificing Your Lifestyle)