Maximizing Retirement Income with Whole Life Insurance – Dr. Wade Pfau
Want to get the most income later in life? Your success depends not on one product, but the coordination of financial tools and your entire personal financial system. Whether your focus is on acquiring cash-flowing assets or you have a more typical investment portfolio, whole life insurance and annuities can play a critical role. That’s why we’re talking with Dr. Wade Pfau, a widely-recognized expert on income strategies with whole life insurance.
So if you want to get the most income during retirement, have the greatest chance of not running out of money, leave the greatest legacy, and see why the higher premium of whole life is worth it over “buying term and investing the difference”, tune in now!
In this episode, you’ll find out:
- Why the typical approach to retirement planning leaves so many in scarcity with the possibility of running out of money.
- How an integrated strategy using life insurance products with an investment portfolio provides more income during retirement.
- 3 ways whole life insurance is more than an income replacement that’s no longer needed after retirement.
- Why a financial strategy that includes whole life outperforms “buying term and investing the difference.”
- How you can spend more during retirement and pass on a bigger legacy.
- How whole life insurance and annuities provide an “actuarial bond” environment to replace traditional bonds in the typical asset allocation. This divides the functions of growth and income into separate assets, and give you more growth and more income.
- Why life insurance that uses bonds is better than buying bonds directly.
- How to preserve your investment portfolio and minimize the sequence of return risk, giving you more income during later years.
About Dr. Wade Pfau
Wade D. Pfau, Ph.D., CFA, RICP, is the curriculum director of the Retirement Income Certified Professional designation and a Professor of Retirement Income at The American College of Financial Services in King of Prussia, PA.
He is also a Principal and Director for McLean Asset Management.
Dr. Pfau holds a doctorate in economics from Princeton University and publishes frequently in a wide variety of academic and practitioner research journals on topics related to retirement income.
He hosts the Retirement Researcher website, and is a contributor to Forbes, Advisor Perspectives, Journal of Financial Planning, and an Expert Panelist for the Wall Street Journal.
Dr. Pfau is the author of several books on retirement income strategies.
Dr. Wade Pfau Links and Mentions
- Safety-First Retirement Planning: An Integrated Approach for a Worry-Free Retirement
- How Much Can I Spend in Retirement? A Guide to Investment-Based Retirement Income Strategies
- Reverse Mortgages: How to Use Reverse Mortgages to Secure Your Retirement
Find Out Your Next Step to Time and Money Freedom
If you would like to assess your complete financial picture and find your personal best strategy to maximize your cash flow and control, we can help.
By the way, we have a free Quick and Easy Privatized Banking Guide that outlines just how Privatized Banking gives you the most powerful storage tank for your cash, PLUS it boosts investment returns, so you can more quickly get to the point where you never run out of cash.
If you are ready to personally implement Privatized Banking, alternative investments, or cash flow strategies to keep more of the money you make, book your strategy call with The Money Advantage advisors today.
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic episode updates for The Money Advantage podcast!
And, finally, if you like these conversations about building time and money freedom, please rate and review our show on Apple Podcasts to help more people like you find our show.
Thanks for listening!
Want maximum immediate liquidity with an IBC policy? Planning to fund a 10/90 infinite banking policy and then take max loans to fund real estate? Are these double-dipping returns too good to be true? STOP. Listen to this first. The allure of making an IBC policy better than even the creator of the term IBC…Read More
We’re so thankful for the opportunity to answer your money questions and clear up your confusion. If you’re stuck, we want to help you make sense of the situation so you can move forward. Today, we’re continuing the conversation to answer questions from you—our audience. We want to help you on your quest to control…Read More