How to Protect Your Money Against Inflation
Are you feeling the rise in prices and wondering what the long-term effects will be on your financial goals? When inflation eats away at the value of your dollars, how do you protect from inflation? What are your options for a level-headed approach to getting your money to do the most today and in the future?
Today, we’re talking about your options to protect your money against inflation…so if you want to keep your money growing, tune in now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 55:53 — 64.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Pandora | RSS | More
Table of contents
- [0:00] Introduction: How should you prepare financially to protect your money from inflation?
- [2:40] Your goals, principles, and personal economy change what strategies might work for you.
- [4:15] Not every facet of our lives is foreseeable; so we must prepare for unknowns.
- [5:05] How the financial entertainment industry affects our perspective.
- [7:40] The value of truth over opinions.
- [8:55] The financial philosophy “advance and protect.”
- [9:55] “I think you need to stick with your fundamentals, even when the information around you is telling you, ‘Do this! Do that!’ Because it can be very attractive and it can pull you towards wanting to do something, or telling you that your fundamentals are wrong.”
- [10:52] Do not take education as advice. Education should provide you with information to make better decisions, yet it cannot replace personalized advice based on your unique personal economy.
- [11:55] Financial advice and wisdom don’t exist in a vacuum.
- [13:51] The importance of questioning everything, and the information you’re given.
Common Advice for Protecting from Inflation
- [14:20] Evaluating the Investopedia article “9 Asset Classes for Protection Against Inflation.”
- [20:15] How to evaluate the integrity of an information source.
- [21:00] How different economic philosophies approach inflation.
- [21:20] The number one question to guide your financial decisions.
- [23:20] Is gold a good asset to protect against inflation?
- [27:05] Gold is liquid, the problem is that it’s not always easy to sell.
- [28:40] What is inflation? Why does inflation occur?
- [29:23] Are commodities good a good hedge against inflation?
- [30:05] Why a 60/40 stock and bond split doesn’t work.
- [35:55] Historic average rates of return don’t guarantee that’s what you will earn.
- [36:30] What are REITs, and are they a wise investment during an inflationary period?
- [37:35] Investing in the S&P 500 during an inflationary time may not work out, and it wouldn’t be responsible to recommend.
- [39:46] Why real estate is a good investment when made under the right circumstances at the right time.
- [40:30] What are leveraged loans?
- [40:50] What are TIPS?
- [41:10] Does the Bloomberg Aggregate Bond Index work as a hedge against inflation?
Seeking Growth in All Things
- [43:10] In order to make better financial decisions, you must seek more education.
- [43:28] Les McGuire and the Economic Value of Certainty
- [43:55] The importance of principles in your financial decision-making, and the principles that guide us.
- [47:10] “Is it going to keep up with inflation? Probably not. But is it going to do better than any other place that I have to store my capital where it’s still accessible? It’s better than anything we’ve found yet.”
- [48:16] The power of an entrepreneurial mindset to protect from inflation.
- [50:58 How to hedge against inflation if you’re not entrepreneurially minded.
- [52:35] Closing thoughts on inflation.
- [52:58] “You can be more in control of your financial destiny than just having to make decisions based on the sway and the whim of interest rates and inflation and all of the boogeymen on the financial horizon.”
Book A Strategy Call
Do you want to coordinate your finances so that everything works together to improve your life today, accelerate time and money freedom, and leave the greatest legacy? We can help! Book an Introductory Call with our team today https://themoneyadvantage.com/calendar/, and find out how Privatized Banking, alternative investments, or cash flow strategies can help you accomplish your goals better and faster. That being said, if you want to find out more about how Privatized Banking gives you the most safety, liquidity, and growth… plus boosts your investment returns, and guarantees a legacy, go to https://privatizedbankingsecrets.com/freeguide to learn more.
Infinite Banking and the Social Media Industry, with Mich Hancock
Want to hear from a business owner like you who is using Infinite Banking in their personal and business financial strategy? Today, we’re talking with Mich Hancock, a social media marketing professional familiar with LinkedIn, TEDx, and CEO of the digital marketing agency 100th Monkey. So, if you would like to hear about a client’s…Read More
Money is Spiritual, with Rabbi Daniel Lapin
Money is often confused, misunderstood, and classified as part of our basic, natural, carnal human nature. But money is spiritual. Understanding, earning, using, managing, and growing money is a part of our lives that is deeply spiritual. Rabbi Lapin knows this, and shares his wisdom about money far and wide. Today, Rabbi Daniel Lapin explains why,…Read More