Bob Fraser: Real Estate Notes with Aspen Funds
In today’s show, we’re interviewing Bob Fraser, Co-Founder and CFO of Aspen Funds. Aspen Funds operates several private investment funds in real estate notes for accredited investors, offering a real estate backed opportunity with low volatility, high returns, and comparatively high liquidity.
Where Alternative Investments Fit into the Cash Flow System
Here at The Money Advantage, we are a community of wealth creators who are entrepreneurially-minded business owners taking control of our lives and financial destiny.
It’s not enough to just make a great income. You have to figure out how to keep more, protect that money, and finally, increase and make more through the right investing decisions.
That’s why we have created the 3-step Business Owner’s Cash Flow System. It’s your roadmap to take you from just surviving, to a life of significance, purpose, and financial freedom.
The first step is keeping more of the money you make by fixing money leaks, becoming more efficient and profitable. Then, you’ll protect your money with insurance and legal protection, and Privatized Banking. Finally, you’ll put your money to work, increasing your income with cash-flowing assets.
Today’s conversation will give you a closer look at real estate notes as an alternative investment option for accredited investors.
Who Is Bob Fraser?
Bob Fraser is on a mission to help investors take advantage of one of the most effective and overlooked avenues of real estate investing: residential mortgage notes.
As Founder and Principal of Aspen Funds, Bob has purchased more than 1,000 mortgage notes, earning double-digit annual returns without the risk and volatility of traditional investing options.
- Bob’s background starting a tech firm, raising venture capital, then getting caught in the tech wreck and losing everything that caused him to want more control and to be in the driver’s seat of his investing.
- Aspen Fund’s four funds (three income funds and a growth fund) for investors.
- The income fund buys mortgage notes at significant discounts, becomes the bank, collects payments, and pays 8.5% annualized return to investors. When the borrower refinances or sells the house, Aspen Funds is paid the full amount, earning capital gains returns as well.
- The pool currently has 307 notes, and with average of 3 – 6 paying off every quarter, the cash provides an internal liquidity program for investors.
- Investors can invest with qualified and non-qualified money, with no UBIT generation.
- How being a lien-lord instead of a landlord can pay higher returns without the management challenges.
- The funds are very tax-efficient. Even outside of a tax-deferred vehicle, the growth fund generates about 80% of its returns as long-term capital gains. The income fund is about 30% long-term capital gains.
- Why Bob Fraser prefers second-position liens.
- How they underwrite risk to determine the value of each note.
- This investment is for accredited investors with a minimum investment of $50K.
- A real example of how Aspen Funds sources notes and generates yields.
- A candid discussion of the housing price risk and recession risk.
- Residential mortgage notes are an alternative investment uncorrelated with the stock market.
- Why Bob doesn’t think we’ll have a recession in the next 1 – 2 years, and why he’s bullish on the housing market.
- Aspen’s Net Asset Value isn’t volatile, because it’s set by accounting, not speculation price based on the market.
- The sources Bob reads for hours daily to make decisions.
Find out More About Bob Fraser and Aspen Funds
Get Aspen Funds’ webinar for more information on their funds, as well as Bob’s economic forecast newsletter.
Get Financial Clarity Today
If you would like to implement Privatized Banking, cash flow strategies, or alternative investments, so you can accelerate time and money freedom, we can help. We’ll review your situation to help you decide what moves are best for you.
To start the conversation, book a call with our advisor team.
Success leaves clues. Model the successful few, not the crowd, and build a life and business you love.
Curious about how investing in raw land could help you accomplish your financial goals? In this episode, we’re talking with Mark Podolsky, The Land Geek, the raw land investor who’s completed over 5500 land deals, with an average ROI of over 300% on cash flips, and over 1,000% on the deals he sells with financing…Read More
Are you looking for opportunities to invest in real assets for cash flow? Today, we’re talking with Dave Zook, a successful investor and syndicator who creates value for people through opportunities for investing in ATMs. We also discuss investing in other real assets: multi-family apartments, and self-storage. So if you want to learn about investing…Read More