Buy The Avocado Toast, with Stephanie Bousley
Are you looking for unconventional ways to get out of student loan debt? Today, I’m talking with Stephanie Bousley, millennial debtor-turned-success story and author of Buy the Avocado Toast, about how she’s creatively tackling $289K of student loans. (Hint: it wasn’t with mainstream advice.)
So if you want to pay off student loan debt, build faith in yourself, and crush the feeling of failure and guilt that comes with debt so you can live the life of your dreams, tune in now!
In this Episode, You’ll Discover:
- Why the mainstream advice about paying off debt never resonated with Stephanie and would have kept her living in scarcity for 20 years.
- How she saved $20 – $30K in taxes by living as an ex-pat in Singapore.
- Why you shouldn’t always pay the minimum on your student loans, even if you qualify for income-based repayment.
- How she fixed her credit and paid off $150K of student loan debt in 8 years, without putting her life on hold to do it.
- Why the internal work of finding your worth, asking for what you want, and removing external validation from your goals is so critical to making financial progress.
- The Cash Flow Index strategy for evaluating which loans to pay off, based on how much cash flow they use up monthly.
- The #1 piece of advice for students selecting a degree program to make sure you don’t select a degree program that prohibits you from working in your chosen field.
- How to repair your credit and refinance your loans.
- Why your underlying opinions of having money or not having enough are mental constructs that you may need to change to accomplish your goals.
- Why your debt doesn’t define you.
Who is Stephanie Bousley?
Stephanie Bousley is the author of Buy the Avocado Toast: A Guide to Crushing Student Debt, Making More $$$, and Living Your Best Life.
She graduated from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts with an MFA in Film Production with nearly $200,000 in student loan debt.
Three unpaid internships in the film industry later, the debt snowballed at interest rates of 8.5%, reaching $289,000 at its peak.
Then it all changed. A series of random events propelled her out of the U.S. to Singapore, where she got a job in finance, something she never expected to happen given her MFA degree.
A solid income and hefty bonuses rejuvenated her desire to get her life back on track on every level. What she learned can help so many people who, like her, feel hopeless about their student debt.
Get Your Copy of Buy The Avocado Toast
Find out more about Stephanie Bousley and get a copy of her book, Buy The Avocado Toast today at https://www.amazon.com/Buy-Avocado-Toast-Crush-Student/dp/1641702389.
Start Building Time and Money Freedom Today
Are you trying to decide which debts to pay off, whether to make extra payments and where you can best store your cash so it’s growing and you can use it along the way?
If you would like to strategically evaluate your debt pay-off plan so that you have the maximum certainty and peace of mind, book a call with our advisor team here. We’ll help you prioritize the best use of your cash, so you can gain control and increase your cash flow.
Thanks for Tuning In!
Thanks so much for being with us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show to get automatic episode updates for The Money Advantage podcast!
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on Apple Podcasts. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show, and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!
Need capital in your business, fast? Today, we’re talking about another way to get a capital infusion through business credit. The problem is that most business owners who want financing don’t get as much as they could, because they haven’t worked on the qualification process. That’s where CreditSuite can help. Ty Crandall has become a…Read More
Are you concerned about ballooning healthcare costs? You should be! It’s an expense that’s risen far faster than inflation, and paying more than you need to is a money leak that prevents you from making the forward traction towards your financial goals that you deserve. In this episode, we’re talking with Dave Chase about how…Read More